Adapted from Chocolate & Zucchini
I meant to make these on Monday, August 11, 2014 for Meatless Monday, but I forgot to soak the chickpeas the day before. Do not do as I did!
- 400 grams dried chickpeas
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground corainder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 bunch parsley, to taste
- The day before, put the chickpeas in a large bowl and cover with fresh water by 5 cm (2 inches)
- The next day, rinse and drain and place in the bowl of a food processor along with the onion, garlic, flour, olive oil, salt and spices. Pulse, stirring regularly, until even. Fold in the parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 360F (180C) and grease a baking sheet.
- Shape the mixture into balls and place them on the sheet. (I gota round 40)
- Insert into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden. Flip the falafel halfway through.
Comments: It is a very easy and simple recipe. It does take a while because you have to soak the chickpeas. We had them with pita bread. I meant to make hummus to go along with them but I didn’t get the chance to do it. Instead, we had them with sour cream, lettuce and julienned carrots.