Adapted from Veganbaking.net
On Tuesday, August 12, 2014, I was extremely excited for the arrival of our new KitchenAid electric beater, something I’d always wanted. I obviously had to bake something, and what better than a cake? Even better, this cake is named after a Beatles song.
- 1 cup of puréed strawberries
- 1 medium, mature banana
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 ½ tsp baking poder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups of non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (177 C).
- Purée strawberries and banana and lightly mix togehter.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. (I combined the ingredients in the bowl of my electric beater.)
- Add the strawberry and banana purée, vegetable oil and non-dairy milk to the bowl containing the dry ingredients. Mix well with an electric beater.
- Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan and bake for about 40 minutes. Use a toothpick to check for doneness; it should come out clean.
Comments: I love vegan baking and this cake did not disappoint me. It is extremely moist, light and very good. Even though the recipe calls for 1 banana, it gives the cake a touch of flavor. After letting the cake cool for a while in the bundt pan, my cake did sink a little, but this only made it more even.