Adapted from Health
This was a marvelous discovery. Before I didn’t like sweet potatoes but I knew they had good properties. So, I searched for recipes and this was definitely a keeper. They are a perfect blend of sweet and spicy. Now, I love all types of sweet potatoes, but this is definitely a keeper. Some healthy perks: one serving provides you with 100 DV of vitamin A and 1/3 DV of vitamin C. (Makes about 8 servings)
- 2 ¼ pounds sweet potatoes
- Cooking spray
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp of smoked paprika or cayenne pepper (depends on how spicy you want them)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500F (260C).
- Cut each sweet potato lengthwise into quarters.
- Place the wedges in a large bowl and coat them with cooking spray.
- Mix together the sugar, salt and peppers and sprinkle them over the potatoes. Toss well to coat.
- Arrange the wedges on a cookie sheet cut sides down. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, flip the wedges over and bake for 10 more minutes.
Comments: Like I said before, these are delicious and healthy. They are easy and quick to make. The outside browns and turns crispy but the inside is almost like sweet potato puré. They go well with meats, fish, the quinoa and white bean veggie burgers…anything you want.