Adapted from Love of Family and Home
Before I say another Word, OH MY GOD! I think I have found a new favorite for my list of baked goods. These brownies are so delicious. Don’t believe me? Try them! They are literally bites of heaven. I had done zucchini bread before and was intrigued by the idea of making brownies with zucchini. I was also interested in trying something paleo for the first time (all natural ingredients). Seriously, get cooking. They are super moist and the chocolate chips melt in the oven, adding to the moistness and melty consistency of these brownies.
Yield: 16 brownies
- 1½ cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp all spice
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F (177C).
- Grate the zucchinis using your food processor. I used 1 zucchini but this number may vary depending on the size. When measuring the grated zucchini, make sure to press it down a bit for more accuracy.
- Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×9 baking dish.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for a while before cutting and removing from the baking dish.
Comments: Theses brownies are really easy and quick to make. I also can’t stress enough that they are really good. We all loved them a lot and I melt every time a bite into one. Make sure to mix really well so that you don’t have clumps of zucchini. If you need a guilt-free reason to eat these, remember that there are veggies in every bite. And no, they don’t taste like zucchini. I really recommend trying them when they are still warm but they are still good when completely cooled. They remain moist for days. Don’t forget your glass of milk!