(Torta de Chocolinas)
This is a very typical Argentine dessert made out of 100% deliciousness. Admittedly, it is a very simple, quick, no-bake dessert. Nonetheless, it is heaven…layers of chocolate cookies and creamy dulce de leche…In one Word: Yum. Unfortunately, it may be somewhat hard to find the ingredients in other countries. However, any store that sells Argentine products will most likely have them.
- 48 Chocolina cookies (2 170-gram packets)
- 250 g sour cream
- 250 g dulce de leche
- ½ cup milk, more if needed
- Mix together the sour cream and dulce de leche in a bowl.
- Pour the milk into a bowl. Dip the Chocolinas, one by one, in the milk and place on the bottom of an 8×8-inch square baking dish. You should be able to fit 12 cookies.
- With a spatula, spread a layer of the dulce de leche mixture over the cookies.
- Top with 12 more soaked cookies.
- Repeat this procedure until you have 4 layers of cookies and 4 layers of the dulce de leche mixture. Refrigerate.
- To serve, cut rectangular pieces by following the shape of the cookie.
Comments: Like I said before, very easy. This may quite possibly be one of my favorite desserts. It’s perfect for the summer, but you don’t need an excuse to eat it year-round. My favorite brand of dulce de leche is La Salamandra. Unfortunately, they have recently stopped producing it. Other well-known brands are San Ignacio, Havanna, La Serenísima and Verónica. A very common brand is La Lechera but it is really bad and NOT ARGENTINE. I beg of you, if possible, use the real thing.