(Gruyere Cheese Quiche)
Since I was little, my mom has made the Argentine-style quiches called tartas. My favorite one was always the ham and cheese one. Needless to say, I love this Gruyère cheese. Gruyère will give any dish a great boost of flavor.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Nutmeg, to taste
- 3/4 cup (3 oz) grated Gruyère cheese
- Partially cooked pastry shell placed on a baking sheet or left in baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C).
- Beat the eggs, milk and seasonings in a mixing bowl until blended.
- Gradually add the grated cheese and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry shell.
- Set in the upper third of the preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the quiche is puffed and browned.
Comments: If you have the pastry shell ready ahead of time, this quiche literally only takes a few minutes to prepare. It’s very simple but easily pleases. If you would like, you may add pieces of bacon. Sprinkle them into the bottom of the pastry shell and then pour the egg and cheese mixture on top. That would be a mix between he traditional quiche Lorraine and the Gruyère quiche.