Adapted from The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook by Dinah Bucholz
Salmon is delicious. Period. This recipe, besides being special for being Harry Potter-related, is healthy and has just the right combination of salmon taste and seasonings. Any fish with a wine sauce is delicious and the honey gives the flavor a great boost.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 ½ lbs salmon fillet, rinsed and patted dry, cut along the length into four pieces
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat the butter in a pot wide enough to accommodate the salmon fillets. When the butter starts to foam, add the onions and sauté until they are translucent, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir to blend. Pour in the wine and honey and cook, stirring constantly, until the flour-butter mixture is blended in. Add the dill.
- Sprinkle the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Lay them in the pot, skin side down. Bring the sauce to a simmer and continue simmering, covered, until the salmon flakes apart when pierced with a fork. It’ll be about 20 minutes. Every now and then, scrape the bottom of the pot to prevent the fish from sticking.
Comments: Like I said before, I really liked this recipe. It’s quite easy and quick to make. It would go well with rice or potatoes.