Adapted from allrecipes.com
Before becoming vegetarian, this was one of my favorite fish recipes. My mom often made it for a quick weekday dinner. Tilapia by itself doesn’t have a lot of flavor but the Parmesan sauce in this recipe takes it to whole different level. Go ahead and try it if you don’t believe me!
Yield: 8 servings
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds tilapia filets
- Preheat the oven’s broiler. Line a broiling pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with the basil and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Arrange the filets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil them a few inches from the heat for about 2 minutes. Flip the filets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the filets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan sauce on the topside. Broil for about 2 more minutes until the topping is browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork. Do not overcook the fish.
Comments: There really isn’t much to this recipe. It’s quite straightforward, easy and fast. I know people are often afraid of cooking fish because they don’t know when it’s ready but believe in yourself and I promise it will turn out right. When I made this for my parents I paired the fish with Roasted Herbed Fingerling Potatoes. Fish always goes well with rice too. Let me know if it’s not one of the most amazing tilapia recipes you’ve tried!